Fibromyalgia is a chronic inflammatory disorder, characterized by muscle pain, joint pain and fatigue.
Patients who suffer from fibromyalgia usually feel these symptoms:
- Unbearable pain
- Chronic tiredness
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep disorder problems
- Concentration problems
Physicians will diagnose someone with fibromyalgia if they show positive reactions to 11 of 18 specific tender areas of the body.
For a disease with no known cause, fibromyalgia sure affects a lot of people, at least 5 million in the U.S. alone. That’s about an estimated 2–4% of the population! Now, what’s strange about fibromyalgia is that it seems to affect more women than men, as 9 out of 10 people who reportedly suffer from fibromyalgia are female.
Treating Fibromyalgia With Conventional Drugs
Since the leading symptom of fibromyalgia seems to be muscle and body pain, scientists and doctors have tried to treat the symptoms with conventional drugs including NSAIDs (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs), pain killers and antidepressants. However, these methods of treatment don’t seem to work very well.
First of all, most analgesics are very mild, and given the level of chronic pain that a majority of people experience, the results aren’t very effective at all. If you have fibromyalgia, chances are you’re suffering from all sorts of pains and aches, and taking multiple drug combinations can lead to serious side effects that can drastically interfere with how you live day-to-day life.
Furthermore, taking different combinations of drugs can result in a real problem, especially when you want to slow down or stop the medication. In many cases, some of these pain relievers can be quite addicting, and have some serious side effects!
Causes and Remedies for Fibromyalgia
There can be many contributing factors to fibromyalgia, including chronic inflammation, gluten intolerance, emotional and physical stress.
If an individual really wants to fix the problem, you must address the root cause. Many studies suggest that certain lifestyle changes can be more than enough to keep fibromyalgia at bay.
If you’re looking for natural remedies for fibromyalgia, consider the following:
Eat Anti-inflammatory Nutrients
Inflammation can cause a range of health problems, including muscle and joint pain. A German study found that anti-inflammatory antioxidants like Quercetin (found in black and green teas, red onion, broccoli, tomato) can naturally reduce inflammation that can help fibromyalgia. Also, omega-3 fats can naturally reduce inflammation. If you’re going to purchase a fish oil, make sure you only buy a high-quality fish oil, high in antioxidants like astaxanthin and low in mercury. Additionally, turmeric can reduce inflammation associated with fibromyalgia as well. Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin, which is an antioxidant that demonstrates anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric may prevent and slow cancer growth, protect against liver disease and help reduce symptoms of digestive conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome. While simply adding turmeric to your daily cooking will increase consumption and enhance flavor, there are other methods to boost intake and encourage possible inflammation reduction.
One in seven people are gluten intolerant, and I’d even say that most people don’t do well with gluten. Gluten is a protein found in most grains like wheat. I’d start by eliminating all grains except for brown rice and quinoa. Gluten can lead to neurological problems, weight gain, inflammation, muscle pain and fatigue. Many people have gone gluten-free and have seen some incredible results because of it.
Reduce Stress and Anxiety
A review in Neuroscientist found significant association between fibromyalgia and physical and sexual abuse in both adults and children. If you haven’t dealt with past issues in your life, I strongly encourage you to find a good counselor who can help you begin to heal emotionally. Another great place to start is by reading The Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson. Also, schedule some fun and relaxation into your life. Stress can raise cortisol levels and inflammation markers which contribute to fibromyalgia symptoms.
Research published in Best Practice and Research Clinical Rheumatology reports neck trauma causing spinal, joint and muscular injuries increases the risk of developing fibromyalgia. Chiropractic care works to correct spinal misalignments and correct posture through spinal adjustments and rehabilitative spinal exercises. Also, patients with fibromyalgia have been shown to have hyperactivity of the sympathetic nervous system. Upper cervical spinal adjustments have been shown to have a positive effect by decreasing hyperactivity.
Address Nutritional Deficiencies
A study of 41 people with fibromyalgia found that taking five grams of D-Ribose (an organic compound) three times daily showed significant improvements in fibromyalgia symptoms. Also, studies have shown supplementing with magnesium can help with fibromyalgia symptoms and physicians recommend taking 250–300 milligrams twice daily. Some magnesium-rich foods include pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, cocoa, almonds, spinach, halibut and black beans.
Is someone in your family suffering from fibromyalgia? I’d love to hear your thoughts on fibromyalgia and conditions like chronic fatigue.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: draxe.com
If you’ve suddenly been feeling pain and discomfort in your body, along with symptoms of fatigue, for some inexplicable reason, then you could be suffering from fibromyalgia, which affects hundreds of thousands of people between the ages of 20–50, most commonly women. Fortunately, a few natural remedies can be used to control the symptoms of this painful condition.
For more information, please feel free to ask Dr. Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900 .
Welcome-Bienvenido's to our blog. We focus on treating severe spinal disabilities and injuries. We also treat Sciatica, Neck and Back Pain, Whiplash, Headaches, Knee Injuries, Sport Injuries, Dizziness, Poor Sleep, Arthritis.
We use advanced proven therapies focused on optimal Mobility, Posture Control, Deep Health Instruction, Integrative & Functional Medicine, Functional Fitness, Chronic Degenerative Disorder Treatment Protocols, and Structural Conditioning. We also integrate Wellness Nutrition, Wellness Detoxification Protocols and Functional Medicine for chronic musculoskeletal disorders. We use effective "Patient Focused Diet Plans", Specialized Chiropractic Techniques, Mobility-Agility Training, Cross-Fit Protocols, and the Premier "PUSH Functional Fitness System" to treat patients suffering from various injuries and health problems.
Ultimately, I am here to serve my patients and community as a Chiropractor passionately restoring functional life and facilitating living through increased mobility and true functional health.
Connect! Call: 915-850-0900
- 1 El Paso, TX Lower Back Pain Chiropractic Treatment 02:30
- 2 Sciatic Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 04:57
- 3 Why Chiropractic Works | Dominguez Family | Patients | El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:03
- 4 Difference Custom *FOOT ORTHOTICS* Make to Control Posture & Mobility | El Paso, TX (2019) 05:33
- 5 Migraine Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:34
- 6 Personalized *SPINE & SCIATICA* Treatment | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:08
- 7 Manage Plantar Fasciitis Pain with *FUNCTIONAL FOOT ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, TX (2019) 03:27
- 8 Peripheral Neuropathy Causes & Symptoms | El Paso, TX (2019) 06:06
- 9 Reduce Excessive *FOOT PRONATION & POSTURE* with Custom Foot Orthotics | El Paso, TX (2019) 06:29
- 10 Slip And Fall Injury Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:55
- 11 Volleyball Injury Sports Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:53
- 12 Reduce Plantar Fasciitis Pain with Functional *FOOT ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, TX (2019) 03:44
- 13 Chiropractic Care on Whiplash | El Paso, Tx 02:15
- 14 *CHIROPRACTIC CARE* on Car Accident Injuries | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:54
- 15 Functional *FOOT ORTHOTICS* Helps Achieve Optimal Performance | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:00
- 16 Low Back Pain Chiropractic Care | El Paso, Tx 04:01
- 17 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Care Hip Labral Tear Treatment 06:43
- 18 Cerebral Palsy & Chiropractic Care in El Paso, TX 01:45
- 19 Carpal Tunnel Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:10
- 20 El Paso, TX Massage Therapy Chiropractic Care 08:39
- 21 Recommended El Paso, TX Chiropractor 03:43
- 22 Peripheral Neuropathy Myths & Facts | El Paso, TX (2019) 05:39
- 23 Neck Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:15
- 24 *Detox Diet* | Detox Doctor | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:27
- 25 El Paso, TX Piriformis Syndrome Treatment Chiropractor 02:58
- 26 Sciatica Pain El Paso, TX Chiroprator 03:02
- 27 Control *FOOT MOTION & POSTURE* with Custom Foot Orthotics | El Paso, Tx (2019) 04:51
- 28 ELP Familia Dominguez | Patients/Clients 02:05
- 29 Sciatica Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:39
- 30 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment 05:08
- 31 Sports Injuries *CHIROPRACTIC CARE* | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:25
- 32 El Paso, TX Sciatica Pain Chiropractic Therapy 04:08
- 33 Spine Treatment Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:58
- 34 Chronic Pain Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:07
- 35 The *SCIATICA* Specialist | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:47
- 36 Enhance Your Performance with *FUNCTIONAL FOOT ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, TX (2019) 04:00
- 37 Reduce Low Back Pain with *FUNCTIONAL FOOT ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:51
- 38 Most Effective Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:16
- 39 *Severe Sciatica* Back Pain Relief | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:05
- 40 *Car Accident Injury* Chiropractic Solution | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:25
- 41 *CAR ACCIDENTS* Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:35
- 42 *Car Accident Injuries* Treatment | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:18
- 43 Car accident Injury Rehabilitation | El Paso, Tx 02:19
- 44 Chronic *BACK PAIN* Therapy | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:11
- 45 Get Rid of *Foot Pronation* with *FOOT ORTHOTICS* | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:37
- 46 Peripheral Neuropathy Relief & Treatment | El Paso, TX (2019) 06:47
- 47 Best Solution for *Sciatic Nerve Pain* | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:30
- 48 Back Pain Specialist | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:01
- 49 *CHIROPRACTOR* The Most Recommended | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:19
- 50 Understanding *FOOT PRONATION* & How to Correct it | El Paso, TX (2019) 04:47
Again, We Welcome You 👊🏻.
Our Purpose & Passions: I am a Doctor of Chiropractic specializing in progressive, cutting-edge therapies and functional rehabilitation procedures focused on clinical physiology, total health, practical strength training, and complete conditioning. We focus on restoring normal body functions after neck, back, spinal and soft tissue injuries.
We use Specialized Chiropractic Protocols, Wellness Programs, Functional & Integrative Nutrition, Agility & Mobility Fitness Training and Rehabilitation Systems for all ages.
As an extension to effective rehabilitation, we too offer our patients, disabled veterans, athletes, young and elder a diverse portfolio of strength equipment, high-performance exercises and advanced agility treatment options. We have teamed up with the cities premier doctors, therapist and trainers to provide high-level competitive athletes the possibilities to push themselves to their highest abilities within our facilities.
We’ve been blessed to use our methods with thousands of El Pasoans over the last three decades allowing us to restore our patients’ health and fitness while implementing researched non-surgical methods and functional wellness programs.
Our programs are natural and use the body’s ability to achieve specific measured goals, rather than introducing harmful chemicals, controversial hormone replacement, un-wanted surgeries, or addictive drugs. We want you to live a functional life that is fulfilled with more energy, a positive attitude, better sleep, and less pain. Our goal is to ultimately empower our patients to maintain the healthiest way of living.
With a bit of work, we can achieve optimal health together, no matter the age or disability.
Join us in improving your health for you and your family.
It’s all about: LIVING, LOVING & MATTERING! 🍎
Welcome & God Bless
EL PASO LOCATIONS
6440 Gateway East, Ste B
11860 Vista Del Sol, Ste 128