Herniated Disc: refers to a problem with one of the rubbery cushions (discs) between the individual bones (vertebrae) that stack up to make your spine.
A spinal disc, has a soft center encased within a tougher exterior. Sometimes called a slipped disc or a ruptured disc, a herniated disc occurs when some of the soft center pushes out through a tear in the tougher exterior.
A herniated disc can irritate the surrounding nerves which can cause pain, numbness or weakness in an arm or leg. On the other hand, many people experience no symptoms from a herniated disk. Most people who have a herniated disc will not need surgery to correct the problem.
Most herniated disks occur in the lower back (lumbar spine), although they can also occur in the neck (cervical spine). Most common symptoms of a herniated disk:
Arm or leg pain: A herniated disk in the lower back, typically an individual will feel the most intense pain in the buttocks, thigh and calf. It may also involve part of the foot. If the herniated disc is in the neck, the pain will typically be most intense in the shoulder and arm. This pain may shoot into the arm or leg when coughing, sneezing or movin spine into certain positions.
Numbness or tingling: A herniated disk can feel like numbness or tingling in the body part served by the affected nerves.
Weakness: Muscles served by the affected nerves tend to weaken. This may cause stumbling or impair the ability to lift or hold items.
Someone can have a herniated disc without knowing. Herniated discs sometimes show up on spinal images of people who have no symptoms of a disc problem. For Answers to any questions you may have please call Dr. Jimenez at 915-850-0900
- 1 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Care Hip Labral Tear Treatment 06:43
- 2 Slip And Fall Injury Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:55
- 3 Volleyball Injury Sports Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:53
- 4 Migraine Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 06:34
- 5 Low Back Pain Chiropractic Care | El Paso, Tx 04:01
- 6 El Paso, TX Massage Therapy Chiropractic Care 08:39
- 7 Neck Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:15
- 8 Cerebral Palsy & Chiropractic Care in El Paso, TX 01:45
- 9 El Paso, TX Piriformis Syndrome Treatment Chiropractor 02:58
- 10 Sciatica Pain El Paso, TX Chiroprator 03:02
- 11 ELP Familia Dominguez | Patients/Clients 02:05
- 12 El Paso, TX Chiropractic Neck Pain Treatment 05:08
- 13 Sciatica Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 01:39
- 14 Carpal Tunnel Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 02:10
- 15 El Paso, TX Sciatica Pain Chiropractic Therapy 04:08
- 16 Sciatic Nerve Pain Treatment El Paso, TX Chiropractor 04:57
- 17 Chronic Pain Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:07
- 18 Most Effective Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:16
- 19 Spine Treatment Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 01:58
- 20 *Severe Sciatica* Back Pain Relief | El Paso, Tx (2019) 03:05
- 21 Best Solution for *Sciatic Nerve Pain* | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:30
- 22 *Car Accident Injury* Chiropractic Solution | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:25
- 23 *CAR ACCIDENTS* Chiropractor | El Paso, Tx (2019) 02:35
- 24 *Car Accident Injuries* Treatment | El Paso, TX (2019) 02:18